About me

About me
🌿 I've been gardening ever since a child, when I spent time with my father in his vegetable garden. But my fascination with Echeverias started in the 1980's, when my father gave me a pot with five Echeverias, which turned out to be E. imbricata. At first I wasn't much interested in them and planted them in some obscure corner of the garden and completely forgot about them. How great was my surprise when, a couple of months later, I noticed that they had spread and made a beautiful display - I was hooked!

Friday 1 January 2016

Wishing you a simple 2016!

Euphorbia pseudocactus

If it were only all about organizing, spending less money, de-cluttering, or removing objects for the sake of simply owning less stuff, I would never have considered adopting simple living.

Take pleasure in the things you already have or want to buy. Living a simple life doesn't mean you can't appreciate beauty or own beautiful things. Be awed by the beauty and exquisite craftsmanship of your R10,000 handbag, and appreciate the painstaking hours it took to cultivate your magnificent cactus. The point is to remove all the extraneous stuff so that you can have the space – literally and figuratively – to focus all of your energy on the things that you value the most - your succulents!

Happy New Year and here's wishing you a simple 2016 filled with JOY, LOVE and HAPPY HOURS OF SUCCULENT GARDENING!

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...